How we use your data?
When you place an order on the KQ Duty Free Shop ecommerce platform, (“www.kqdutyfree.com”) you accept and understand that you are contracting with Tourvest Duty Free (UK) Ltd, and accept that your personal data will be required to conclude transactions on the Website. Your data will be used primarily to provide you with the goods and/or services you have purchased. We retain the data you provide from time to time, including data we collect when you place an order or use our services and facilities. Your data may be used for the following purposes: accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, security, administrative and legal purposes, systems testing, maintenance, marketing (if accepted) and development, customer relations and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences. For these purposes we may disclose your data to any of the following to the extent required: other companies in the Tourvest or KQ group, other companies involved in providing you with the goods and/or services you have ordered (including our payment gateway service provider, logistics providers and customer service agents), processing companies, our technology suppliers, government and enforcement agencies and credit and charge card companies. This may involve sending your data between different countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we may have access to, at any time. You have the right to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate or request to have it removed. To ask for or about your information, please contact us via email at KQ.Privacy@kqdutyfree.com . If you would prefer to have your information amended, please update your online profile, or contact the Kenya Airways Customer Relations team via the contact channels below.
Your also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think we are in breach of any applicable data protection legislation. If the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR") and/or the Data Protection Act, 2018, applies to you, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Officer whose postal address is Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or by calling 0303 123 1113.
What types of data do we collect?
When you use the Website, we may collect certain information that is not personal data such as your operating system, device type and make, browser type and internet service provider. This type of information does not identify you personally.
We may also collect personal data that you provide to us. This is any information of a personal nature by which you can be identified as an individual such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, home country, postal code, date of birth, gender, age, payment and/or financial details. In particular, we may collect and process the following information (which may include personal data) about you ―
• information that you provide to us and/or allow the Website to access;
• information about your device software and hardware, including the unique internet mobile equipment identity, number of your mobile telephone, the unique integrated circuit card identity number of your SIM cards in your device, your email address, personal internet protocol address, mobile phone number, date and time and country of your device;
• your geographic location information based on your mobile network operator's tower details, GPS (Global Positioning System) and/or WIFI communications network location;
• information that we may ask you for if you report a problem with our Website;
• details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access);
• information provided by you if you contact us, or if we contact you, and we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• information about you when you voluntarily register with us to receive company related alerts, complete our online information request form, complete any user surveys or feedback forms and fill-in job seeker forms;
• information about you when you register on the Website to purchase products or place an order; and
• your name, email address and country of residence if you would like to receive one of our newsletters or marketing materials.
We may use third-party companies to monitor Website traffic, which may, in some instances, store your information, including the personal data you submit to such third parties.
We only in very limited circumstances collect and process any special categories of personal data about you such as your race, ethnicity, biometric information or criminal records. Where we process special categories of personal data, we only do so where we have obtained your explicit consent or where such processing is necessary for purposes of carrying out our legal obligations and exercising specific rights in the field of employment and social security law.
We will use the information you enter at the site for administration purposes and any other purposes made clear in the sign-on/transaction pages themselves, in any relevant terms or conditions and on any pages or emails which link to such forms. If you place an order with us we may use your personal data for the purposes explained above under the heading "How we use your order data".
How do we collect data about you and your use of this web site?
You are in control of what information we collect about you. However, if you choose not to share your information some areas of the Website may not be accessible or usable. We may ask you for information about yourself when you place an order or register online, when you enter competitions or other promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
Use of your data
We use your data to improve the service we offer you and to try and ensure that you get the best out of our Website. We may also use your personal data –
• to verify and keep a record of your identity;
• to allow you to make payment for the products and/or services;
• to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or mobile device;
• to monitor and analyse the conduct on the Website to ensure compliance with laws, reduce the likelihood of fraud and other risk-prevention purposes;
• for internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing our strategic and marketing plans;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
• to generate reports and conduct statistical analysis about the calls you make using the Website;
• to respond to any queries, you make;
• to notify you about changes to our Website and/or Services;
• to process your employment application where you have completed a job application form on our Website; and
• to improve the Services, we offer – for example you may be asked to complete an online survey or we may employ tools such as Google Analytics to analyse the Website to enhance the Services.
Who can your data be disclosed to?
We will not use your personal data for any purpose other than as stated in this Policy without your consent. Disclosure of your data to others may be necessary to ensure the smooth provision to you of the products, services and information you request. Your order data may be disclosed to the other entities described above under the heading "How we use your order data”. We may disclose your data to any of the following:
• other companies in the Tourvest or KQ group;
• other companies involved in providing you with the goods and/or services you have ordered (including our payment gateway service providers, logistics providers and customer service agents);
• processing companies;
• our technology suppliers; government and enforcement agencies; and credit and charge card companies.
This may involve sending your data between different countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area subject to our data transfer agreements and binding corporate rules.
You understand that we may disclose or share personal data with third parties as outlined above to operate the Website and render our services. If you are concerned about these arrangements, you should not use the Website.
How may you amend data submitted by you?
We have designed the Website to make it easy for you to amend personal data you have submitted on any online membership registration form. When you log in you will be given a link that allows you to edit your details. If you require any further guidance on updating the details we hold about you, please contact us. You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we may have access to, at any time. You have the right to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate or request to have it removed. To ask for or about your information, please contact us via email at KQ.Privacy@kqdutyfree.com . If you would prefer to have your information amended, please update your online profile, or contact our Customer Relations Team directly.
What countries will your data pass through?
In operating this site, as outlined in this Policy, we may share your data with KQ, our payment gateways and infrastructure partners based within the European Economic Area, in South Africa and in other jurisdictions. Your data is only shared insofar as is necessary to conclude transactions, provide services or enhance your user experience and the sharing of your data is strictly limited and controlled in such cases.
Why do we link to other web sites?
We use links to improve your experience of our Website. We will always seek to make these links clear, so that you know if and when you have left our Website. However, please be aware that any such websites are owned and run by other companies and organisations and we cannot accept responsibility for any information you divulge to a linked website.
How do we keep your data secure?
We take the privacy and security of your data very seriously. To see what steps we take to keep the information you give to us secure, contact us at KQ.Privacy@kqdutyfree.com
The Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly or intend to collect personal data of children. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) years old do not use our Website.
Do we collect statistical data?
We try to ensure that our Website offers visitors exactly what they are looking for. To help us achieve this goal we may analyse anonymous data collected by cookies about how visitors use the Website. Such data also helps us to measure the success of our campaigns. We may also collect Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers and for system administration.
Policy changes and updates
Because we are constantly improving our sites there may be developments in how we use your data. All such developments will be notified to you via your preferred method of communication or by email.
Our contact information:
Telephone: +254 734 104747 or +254 711 024747
Monday to Friday
Except public holidays.
Please note that our offices are closed from 13:00 on Christmas Eve and New Year`s Eve.
Last updated: September 2022
Tourvest Duty Free (UK) Ltd t/a Tourvest Retail Services