How we use your data?
When you place an order on the KQ Duty Free Shop ecommerce platform, (“www.kqdutyfree.com”) you accept and understand that you are contracting with Tourvest Duty Free (UK) Ltd, and accept that your personal data will be required to conclude transactions on the Website. Your data will be used primarily to provide you with the goods and/or services you have purchased. We retain the data you provide from time to time, including data we collect when you place an order or use our services and facilities. Your data may be used for the following purposes: accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, security, administrative and legal purposes, systems testing, maintenance, marketing (if accepted) and development, customer relations and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences. For these purposes we may disclose your data to any of the following to the extent required: other companies in the Tourvest or KQ group, other companies involved in providing you with the goods and/or services you have ordered (including our payment gateway service provider, logistics providers and customer service agents), processing companies, our technology suppliers, government and enforcement agencies and credit and charge card companies. This may involve sending your data between different countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we may have access to, at any time. You have the right to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate or request to have it removed. To ask for or about your information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to have your information amended, please update your online profile, or contact our Customer Services team via the contact channels below.
Your also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think we are in breach of any applicable data protection legislation. If the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR") and/or the Data Protection Act, 2018, applies to you, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Officer whose postal address is Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or by calling 0303 123 1113.
What types of data do we collect?
When you use the Website, we may collect certain information that is not personal data such as your operating system, device type and make, browser type and internet service provider. This type of information does not identify you personally.
We may also collect personal data that you provide to us. This is any information of a personal nature by which you can be identified as an individual such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, home country, postal code, date of birth, gender, age, payment and/or financial details. In particular, we may collect and process the following information (which may include personal data) about you ―
• information that you provide to us and/or allow the Website to access;
• information about your device software and hardware, including the unique internet mobile equipment identity, number of your mobile telephone, the unique integrated circuit card identity number of your SIM cards in your device, your email address, personal internet protocol address, mobile phone number, date and time and country of your device;
• your geographic location information based on your mobile network operator's tower details, GPS (Global Positioning System) and/or WIFI communications network location;
• information that we may ask you for if you report a problem with our Website;
• details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access);
• information provided by you if you contact us, or if we contact you, and we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• information about you when you voluntarily register with us to receive company related alerts, complete our online information request form, complete any user surveys or feedback forms and fill-in job seeker forms;
• information about you when you register on the Website to purchase products or place an order; and
• your name, email address and country of residence if you would like to receive one of our newsletters or marketing materials.
We may use third-party companies to monitor Website traffic, which may, in some instances, store your information, including the personal data you submit to such third parties.
We only in very limited circumstances collect and process any special categories of personal data about you such as your race, ethnicity, biometric information or criminal records. Where we process special categories of personal data, we only do so where we have obtained your explicit consent or where such processing is necessary for purposes of carrying out our legal obligations and exercising specific rights in the field of employment and social security law.
We will use the information you enter at the site for administration purposes and any other purposes made clear in the sign-on/transaction pages themselves, in any relevant terms or conditions and on any pages or emails which link to such forms. If you place an order with us we may use your personal data for the purposes explained above under the heading "How we use your order data".
How do we collect data about you and your use of this web site?
You are in control of what information we collect about you. However, if you choose not to share your information some areas of the Website may not be accessible or usable. We may ask you for information about yourself when you place an order or register online, when you enter competitions or other promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
Use of your data
We use your data to improve the service we offer you and to try and ensure that you get the best out of our Website. We may also use your personal data –
• to verify and keep a record of your identity;
• to allow you to make payment for the products and/or services;
• to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or mobile device;
• to monitor and analyse the conduct on the Website to ensure compliance with laws, reduce the likelihood of fraud and other risk-prevention purposes;
• for internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing our strategic and marketing plans;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
• to generate reports and conduct statistical analysis about the calls you make using the Website;
• to respond to any queries, you make;
• to notify you about changes to our Website and/or Services;
• to process your employment application where you have completed a job application form on our Website; and
• to improve the Services, we offer – for example you may be asked to complete an online survey or we may employ tools such as Google Analytics to analyse the Website to enhance the Services.
Who can your data be disclosed to?
We will not use your personal data for any purpose other than as stated in this Policy without your consent. Disclosure of your data to others may be necessary to ensure the smooth provision to you of the products, services and information you request. Your order data may be disclosed to the other entities described above under the heading "How we use your order data”. We may disclose your data to any of the following:
• other companies in the Tourvest or KQ group;
• other companies involved in providing you with the goods and/or services you have ordered (including our payment gateway service providers, logistics providers and customer service agents);
• processing companies;
• our technology suppliers; government and enforcement agencies; and credit and charge card companies.
This may involve sending your data between different countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area subject to our data transfer agreements and binding corporate rules.
You understand that we may disclose or share personal data with third parties as outlined above to operate the Website and render our services. If you are concerned about these arrangements, you should not use the Website.
How may you amend data submitted by you?
We have designed the Website to make it easy for you to amend personal data you have submitted on any online membership registration form. When you log in you will be given a link that allows you to edit your details. If you require any further guidance on updating the details we hold about you, please contact us. You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we may have access to, at any time. You have the right to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate or request to have it removed. To ask for or about your information, please contact us via email at email@example.com. If you would prefer to have your information amended, please update your online profile, or contact our Customer Services team directly.
What countries will your data pass through?
In operating this site, as outlined in this Policy, we may share your data with KQ, our payment gateways and infrastructure partners based within the European Economic Area, in South Africa and in other jurisdictions. Your data is only shared insofar as is necessary to conclude transactions, provide services or enhance your user experience and the sharing of your data is strictly limited and controlled in such cases.
Why do we link to other web sites?
We use links to improve your experience of our Website. We will always seek to make these links clear, so that you know if and when you have left our Website. However, please be aware that any such websites are owned and run by other companies and organisations and we cannot accept responsibility for any information you divulge to a linked website.
How do we keep your data secure?
We take the privacy and security of your data very seriously. To see what steps we take to keep the information you give to us secure, contact us at Privacy@kqdutyfree.com
The Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly or intend to collect personal data of children. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) years old do not use our Website.
Do we collect statistical data?
We try to ensure that our Website offers visitors exactly what they are looking for. To help us achieve this goal we may analyse anonymous data collected by cookies about how visitors use the Website. Such data also helps us to measure the success of our campaigns. We may also collect Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers and for system administration.
Policy changes and updates
Because we are constantly improving our sites there may be developments in how we use your data. All such developments will be notified to you via your preferred method of communication or by email.
Our contact information:
Telephone:+2710 226 9865
Privacy Mailbox: Privacy@kqdutyfree.com
Monday to Friday
09:00 and 18:00
Except public holidays.
Please note that our offices are closed from 13:00 on Christmas Eve and New Year`s Eve.
Last updated: September 2022
Tourvest Duty Free (UK) Ltd t/a Tourvest Retail Services
In doing so, you agree that you will not:
• post, transmit or disseminate any information on or via this Website which is or may be harmful, obscene, defamatory or otherwise illegal;
• use this Website in a manner which causes or may cause an infringement of the rights of any other person or entity;
• make any unauthorised, false or fraudulent purchases;
• use the site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national, international law or regulation in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of this Website including but not limited to uploading or making available files containing corrupt data or viruses via whatever means;
• deface, alter or interfere with the front end ‘look and feel’ of this Website or the underlying software code;
• take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Website or related infrastructure;
• obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, via whatever means, to any of our domains or networks;
• reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of these Terms;
• access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Website;
• falsify or otherwise misrepresent your identity;
• violate the rights of any person or entity protected by copyright, trade secret, patent, intellectual property, or similar laws or regulations; or
Without prejudice to any of our other rights (whether in law or otherwise) and to the extent permitted in law, where we believe (within our sole and absolute discretion) that you are in breach of any of these Terms, we reserve the right, without limitation, to:
• cancel your bookings and/or requests without further notice to you;
• immediately revoke your access to this Website, either temporarily or permanently;
• issue a warning to you to cease or desist any behaviour;
• institute legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any costs on an indemnity basis resulting from damages, a breach of these terms or otherwise (including administrative or legal costs);
• take further legal action against you; and/or
• disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required by law and/or we reasonably feel is necessary.
We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time by making amendments to this page.
Changes to this Website
We may make improvements or changes to the information, services, products and other materials on this Website, or terminate operation of this Website, at any time without notice to you. Any material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We may also modify these Terms at any time, and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms on this Website. The obligation remains on you to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we may make, as they are binding on you. Your continued access or use of this Website is deemed to be your acceptance of these Terms.
Links to Other Websites
This Website may include links to other internet sites. We do not endorse any such websites and we are not responsible for the information, material, products or services contained on or accessible through those websites. Your access and use of such websites remains solely at your own risk. You may only link to this Website with our express written permission. We expressly reserve the right to withdraw our consent at any time to a link, without notice, which in our sole opinion is inappropriate or necessary. Our Website may not be framed on any other site.
Limitation of Liability
Neither we, nor Kenya Airways plc (“KQ”) nor any KQ group company shall be liable for any loss or damage (in contract, negligence or otherwise) arising out of the use of this website or any information contained in it where: there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us, KQ or a member of the KQ group; the loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or the loss or damage is not a direct result of any such breach; or
any increase in loss or damage results from a breach by you of the these terms.
To the extent permitted by law, We, KQ, KQ group companies, and third parties affiliated with them or us hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage incurred by you or any other user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill and wasted management or office time. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our, KQ's or any KQ group company’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Disclaimer and warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all implied warranties with regard to the information contained on this Website. All such information is provided "as is” and "as available” without warranty of any kind.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, KQ and all KQ group companies harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense (including reasonable legal fees) related to your breach of these terms.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You may not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, malware or other material which is malicious or otherwise harmful and damaging. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You may not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. Breach of these provisions may constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act of 1990. We reserve the right to report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
These Terms contain all the terms of your agreement with us relating to your use of this Website. No other written or oral statement (including statements in any magazine or promotional literature published by us) will be incorporated herein.
Your use of this Website, any downloaded material from it and the operation of these Terms shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. We reserve the right to bring proceedings in the Courts with jurisdiction in the country of your residence.